- To constantly make sure I have chewing gum on me. This was for the morning after. I was paranoid that my breath would be reeking of stale lager (which it probably did), I covered it up with a minty tab. Oh how lovely. Stale booze and mint smell.
- To always have a bottle of eye brightener upon my person. This was my cunning way of disguising the fact I looked like a red eyed Voldermort coming toward you. Yes, I may have been out with you the night before buy hey, I’m perky.
- To wake up in a panic. I may still wake up and think “Is it today the Spice Girls tickets go on sale?”. But I don’t lie there, piecing the previous night together, convincing myself that during the blackout I wouldn’t have said anything I regret. I’m a good person yes?????
- To make sure I have a drink in my fridge for when I get home from a night out, or an evening over my mates house. I’d have a couple (at least 3 so that’s a few yeah) before leaving, a shed load whilst out and then of course I’d need a few on my own (my partner would go to bed or be in bed) to unwind. To fucking unwind???? Ummmmm okay hun.
- Check my bank the next morning to see the damage. I’d spend enough on my own drinks but also loved a good old “This ones on me”. I’m a generous person but when I was drunk I became Bob Geldof (I have nicer hair). Also I’d be checking where I’d been. Yep! I’d use my Visa transactions as my “night before map”. Memorable night then?
I could go on and on and on and on……………….